Saturation Nets 12 Arrests
Deputies and investigators worked last week saturating parts of the south-end of Cherokee County, where several burglaries recently occurred. The efforts of the sheriff’s personnel resulted in 12 felony and misdemeanor arrests along with numerous traffic citations.
The arrests included:
• Daundre Q. Green, 18, of Anniston, unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia
• David W. Morris, 43, of Gadsden, unlawful possession of prohibited beverages
• Jerry M. Jarrells, 71, of Piedmont, unlawful possession of prohibited beverages
• Larry E. Reynolds, 66, of Piedmont, unlawful possession of prohibited beverages
• Tyler W. Coleman, 22, of Centre, failure to appear warrant
• Patrick A. Still, 50, of Piedmont, failure to appear warrant
• Amanda G. Bowers, 35, of Piedmont, failure to appear warrant
• James A. Major, 20, of Piedmont, first degree unlawful possession of marijuana
• Tracy R. Maxwell, 47, of Centre, unlawful possession of a controlled substance
• And 3 juveniles arrested for unlawful possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia
Sheriff Shaver stated law enforcement will be targeting other areas of the county in the near future in an effort to battle crime and reduce the number of thefts and burglaries.