Back to School...
The time has come...it's back to school! As it has been said a thousand times over, this year will be different. It will be unusual in some ways. But, I am praying and believing that it will be healthy, happy, and successful!
Our SROs are prepared to do their best to protect our children and ensure they stay safe while learning during these uncertain times. So, let's remember to give each other a little extra grace while we all are learning a new way of going to school.
Here are some important reminders of ways we can help keep our children safe and healthy throughout the school year.
- Wear a mask or face covering
- Wash your hands often
- Socially distance from others when in a large crowd
- Obey school zone speed limits and follow your school's drop-off procedure
- Don't double park; it blocks visibility for other children and vehicles
- Make eye contact with other drivers and children who are crossing the street
- Never pass a bus loading or unloading children
- The area 10 feet around a school bus is the most dangerous for children; stop far enough back to allow them to safely enter and exit the bus
- Stay alert and avoid distracted driving ~ Don't text and drive
-Sheriff Jeff Shaver