Frequently Asked Questions


Q.  Where is the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office located?

A. The address for the Sheriff’s Office is 110 Cedar Bluff Road.  We are directly behind the Cherokee County Courthouse.  The telephone number is (256) 927-3365.


Q.  How do I report a crime to the Sheriff’s Office?

A.  If the crime is in progress call 9-1-1.  If the crime has already occurred and no emergency exist call (256) 927-3365 during business hours, after hours call dispatch at (256) 927-3939 or (256) 927-3938.  Ask for a deputy to come to your location to complete an incident/offense report.


Q. How do I obtain a copy of an incident/offense report that I filed?

A.  Reports can be obtained at the Sheriff’s Office during normal business hours.


Q.  How do I obtain a warrant against an individual?

A.  Warrants are issued by the Circuit Clerk.  You must first complete an incident/offense report and deliver the report to the clerk when you obtain the warrant.  If the offense is a felony offense an investigator will assist you in obtaining the warrant.


Q.  Where do I apply for a concealed weapons  permit?

A.  If you live in Cherokee County you should apply at the Sheriff’s Office during normal business hours or online 24hrs with the link listed below. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8a.m. until 4p.m..



Q.  How can I find out if a particular person is in the Detention Facility?

A.  Please go to the Sheriff’s Office website and check the inmate roster page.  All inmates are published to the website when they are booked into the facility, along with their charge and any available bond amounts.


Q.  What is this schedule for inmate visitation?

A.  Visitation time is listed on the Detention Center page on the website.


Q.  Where can I find information about convicted sex offenders in my community?

A.  Registered sex offenders in Cherokee County are added to our website on the sex offender page.  This page contains a map that shows the sex offenders residence location.