Fourth of July Holiday Safety Message
Summertime is here, school is out, and families are taking vacations. Watersports and fireworks are likely part of your holiday plans. As we enter into the Fourth of July holiday period, please take precautions and have a safe and happy holiday.
Remember to always follow these safety tips:
- Have a first aid kit available and have knowledge of basic first aid.
- Wear a personal flotation device when on the water.
- Have a person designated to observe children when they are in or around water.
- Swim in a designated areas only; avoid areas where there are strong currents.
- Never allow children to handle fireworks.
- Observers should be at a safe distance.
- Have a water supply handy to extinguish errant fireworks.
Remember it is a violation of state law to shoot fireworks within 600 feet of any enclosed building.
The Sheriff’s Office will be ready for the large crowd expected to enjoy all the recreational opportunities we have in Cherokee County. We have scheduled extra personnel to work during the peak days of the week. We encourage you to have fun and enjoy the celebration of our countries freedom, but please be responsible and have a safe and happy holiday!